Saturday, September 24, 2011

It's good to be back!




I am so excited for the 2011-2012 school year! For starters, Pod 6D had a lot of success with Curriculum Night. We had a packed classroom of involved parents and guardians. I distributed progress reports, school calenders, and introduced myself and my course expectations. There was a brief Q&A afterwards. I am really happy to meet so many parents whom I hope to build collaborative relationships with as we work together with their child.


Standard 1: Students will read, write, listen, and speak for information and understanding. Locate and use school and public library resources, with some direction, to acquire information

I was very pleased to observe how excited the students in Pod 6D are about going to the school library. These excellent listeners were all ears as Mrs. Reiss, the librarian, demonstrated how students can find books, the procedure for borrowing books, and how to distinguish different genres. They were all smiles when it was time for them to take their photo ID picture for Mrs. Reiss' computer database. Afterwards, I had a group of students ask me if they could start taking out books tomorrow.





I am so happy to see my former 6th graders wearing their 7th grade burgundy uniform shirts. I had a wonderful time teaching and building relationships with my students last year and wish them the best of luck in their studies this year. Last year even though it rained heavily during our end-of-year trip to Lake Compounce, we still had a great time! Here are some photos from the 6th grade trip last year:











No comments: